Last Meeting Follow up
Okay, another rewarding evening last meeting. Here are some links for
Rick Sammon – Composition: The Strongest Way of Seeing
Lightroom 5 Basics for Photographers, with Matt Kloskowski
After the meeting, the following appeared on dpreview
Adobe Lightroom 5: Harness the Develop Module for Creative Impact
This is certainly worth watching. Main points are
- Workflow starts at capture
- Vision drives the editing
- Lead the viewer
- Share your perspective
This week’s meeting – Let’s Get Physical
- Wed 25th June 2014, 19:30
- Karori Arts and Crafts Centre
The meeting on the 25th is about matting and printing. We will take a
look at different ways that we do matting.
At the end of the evening, hopefully your appetite will have been whetted
to do some more yourself. Or if you don’t want to go down that route, you
should have an appreciation of what is involved.
Can I ask those who have matting gear to bring their stuff along? And be
prepared to matte up a photograph of your own or to do one for someone
And for others if you have a 5×7 or 8×12 photo that would like matted,
can be you bring that along as well?
I have some mattes and some backing board that we can use. And will be
bringing along my gear as well as the Karori Camera Club Photo Frames.
Here are some videos/tutorials to view about matting.
How to Measure and Cut a Mat
How to mat a print in an archival, conservation-safe manner. It asumes
mattes are already cut to size.
How To Cut Picture Mat Boards Logan Artist Elite Mat Cutter
How to cut a Mat Board for a Photograph
Karori Camera Club Photo Frames
We have the following frames/mattes available.
- 12 Frames with Glass, backing board and matte
- 9 Frames with Glass and backing board
- 1 Frame with broken Glass and backing board
- 7 Mattes
- Matte Width – 37.5cm or 14 12/16 inches
- Matte Height – 50 cm or 19 11/16 inches
- Photo Window Width – 19.1 cm or 7 8/16 inches
- Photo Window Height – 28.4 cm or 11 3/16 inches
- Designed to take a print of 8×12 or 12×8 i.e. aspect ratio of 2×3 or 3×2
* Arts and Crafts Centre – Exhibition 19th–26th July 2014
* Wellington Interclub – 29 August 2014 – http://wic.org.nz
* PSNZ Central Convention – http://focusonfun.org.nz
* Hutt Karori Battle in November
Karori Arts and Crafts Centre – Exhibition July 2014
Let’s all try and contribute at least one photograph to this exhibition.
The closing date for submissions is 7 July 2014 with the exhibition being
held from 19th to 26th July.
Details about submission requirements can be seen by downloading the entry form.
Key dates are
- 7 July 2014
- Completed, signed Form back to Centre
- 15 July 2014
- Pictures dropped off at Centre
Wellington Interclub – 29 August 2014
For the print section we need one image in each of the
For projected image section, we need twenty images in each of the
following general sections and on the night, the judge will announce
specific categories where we have to choose one image.
For more information see the dedicated website – http://wic.org.nz.
Hutt Karori Battle in November
Final dates still to be confirmed as the Hutt Camera Club are hosting the
PSNZ Central Convention at the beginning of November (http://focusonfun.org.nz)
Anyway the topics are as follows.
- Near miss
- The landing
- Money shot
- Long exposure
If you are baffled by colour correction, the online photographer ran a
easy to understand tutorial this week.